It's NOT Heartburn!

Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 | 0 comments

   Today marks 18 weeks (that would be 4 and 1/2 months of those of you who aren't pregnant). I always swore that I'd never be one of those people who tells how far along she is in weeks, since it always left the other person desperately trying to figure out the due date without seeming like a math-challenged fool...and then I got pregnant. I think that pregnant women's brain chemistry changes in a way that they MUST start counting anything and everything in weeks instead of months. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. 18 week belly shot to follow later after Yuki gets home from work and can take one. For now...

This pregnancy post was written on March 13th...


   So, I have figured out that this weird 'heartburn' sort of feeling that's been going on for about the past week is, in fact, morning sickness. It's gotten stronger in the past couple of days, which is why I've finally realized what it is. And yes, I will admit to feeling rather stupid for not knowing right away that I was experiencing morning sickness. Although in my defense, 'heartburn' was listed as being separate from, not a subset of, 'morning sickness' as a list of potential symptoms in my pregnancy book.
This is really just the oddest feeling overall, though. I haven't been gagging at the sight of food or anything, but recently it doesn't always seem all that appetizing, and my stomach keeps growling like a mad demon all day. Oh, not to mention the hiccups and burping that are going on. Lovely! Within the past couple of days, there's also been a very slight bit of nausea that I'm hoping doesn't get worse. I always swore that I'd be a puker though, since motion sickness inevitably attacked me on trips as a child. (I remember once on the bus going to tell the teacher that I was ill...only when I opened my mouth to let her know, all that came out was a giant BURP...she caught on pretty quickly. Smart woman).
 Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next week or so! Oh, and as an aside...I found it rather ironic this morning that both Wasabi and Yuki were puking, yet I, the one who should've been, wasn't! Yuki had too much liquid fun at a company party last night, and Wasa apparently had too much fun licking fur off her body. Blehhhhh!

  Finally, we had another check-up today. Yuki got to come with this time, and we saw Sigourney Weaver's even-stronger heartbeat. She's a little fighter, I tell you. And she's almost double the size that she was 2 days ago--this morning, she measured in at 5.6 mm. Go baby, go! Finally, the second best news of all (second to Sigourney's happy progress) is that I'm no longer on house-arrest! Tomorrow morning's agenda includes a nice half-hour walk (still less than my usual hour or more of jogging/walking, but I'll take anything about now)!

                              Sigourney Weaver is growing rapidly!

0 comments: