Jesus Visits Seikenji

Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 | 0 comments

  I've already posted pics of Seikenji before, but I thought it was worth blogging about again because: 1. I had a better camera for this second visit,  2. I had a Jesus impersonator with me, and the only thing that tops a visit to an ancient Buddhist temple is a visit to an ancient Buddhist temple with a Jesus impersonator (although I'm guessing that an Elvis impersonator would make a strong second), and 3. this temple is quite simply, amazing.  
I would have to say that it's the most under-rated temple I've seen here so far. Admittedly, there's not much to do in or around the little town of Okitsu besides see this temple, but in my opinion, it's more than worth the trip just for visiting Seikenji alone. So, here are a few more pictures, this time with the guest of honor!














 

 

Kyoto postings are yet to come, although we'll see how quickly I get them up, considering that I'm trying to work extra hours, pack, and make New Year's postcards (those are sent in lieu of Christmas cards here in Japan), although with all the other daily things I usually do like clean and dress the cat up in tiger costumes. Hah, just checking to see if you're paying attention. But next year is the year of the tiger, after all, and we do need a picture for those New Year's postcards....

0 comments: