Jesus has left the building

Posted on Sunday, December 06, 2009 | 0 comments

  Or, to phrase it another way, Andrew has left Japan. Yuki and I are really sad tonight; we were actually threatening to burn Andrew's passport last night in order to prevent him from going. He laughed every time we said it; little did he know that we were mostly serious! (Side note: Andrew told me that it says on passports that you have the right to go to any US consulate abroad, turn in your passport, and tell them that you don't want to be a US citizen any more. I haven't checked to see where it says that, but I'm assuming he knows what he's talking about. Is this news to anyone else besides me??).
 Before he left, he made sure to torture Wasabi a few more times, mostly placing her in a football hold and dancing a jig while chanting 'Football football football', or by doing something he calls the Breathing Treatment...basically, he sticks her nose up one of his nostrils. Don't ask me why. It's like a train wreck though: I couldn't do anything to stop it, nor could I look away. Wasabi was shockingly tolerant of this, but of course bit me HARD as soon as Andrew passed her off afterwards. Thank you cute little devil kitty.
 Oh, and I am not the only one to think he looks like the stereotypical Jesus! As soon as our landlady met him, she started going on and on about Ku-Ri-Su-To (Christ). She even wanted to have us over for dinner so that she could show her husband 'Jesus'. She also told me yesterday that I was lucky to have such a good-looking brother (as have numerous other women here who've met him). Yes folks, I have Hot Jesus for a sibling.
  Here's a few pics of his last day here; I'll post more blogs about the rest of his trip just as soon as I get caught up on everything else around here!
   (Note: No animals were harmed in the production of these photos. I was bitten, but Wasa was just fine).

                                                 



The Breathing Treatment...she seriously didn't seem to mind this one! Everyone else did, but she didn't.


In the middle of the Football Dance


I didn't really feel like smiling...


...so I hit Andrew in an attempt to feel better. Earlier, I also shook up his bottle of Coke and then head-butted him. That's what sisters are for, right?

 

0 comments: